Townsville State High School Parents & Citizens Association (P&C)
The P&C involves people just like you – parents, carers, past students and community minded people who want to help their children and our school.
By coming along to P&C meetings, you will learn much more about how the school operates both educationally and financially. You will learn things about the school that you did not know you wanted to know!
What we want are the best educational outcomes for the students of Town High. The main objectives of the P&C are:
- to promote the interests of Townsville State High School
- to facilitate the development & further improvement of the school.
To achieve these objectives, the P&C:
- operates the school
canteen, employing 3 staff, & assisted by volunteers
- manages the V8 Supercar Race public car parking facilities in Town High school grounds in July, in partnership with school staff & management
- provides financial support for students in sporting, cultural and academic activities, such as ‘Student Subsidies'. Contact the school office for request form or download a copy
- assists in funding major school improvement programs
- represents the needs of the school in wider public, community & political forums
- provides ongoing support to the Principal and staff of Town High as it develops its future policies as an independent public school.
Being involved with our P&C does not mean you are taking on a full time job! We know you are busy and we value any amount of time you can spare. You can be involved by:
- providing input into school routine, P&C budgets and school procedures
- contributing to policy on topics like behaviour management, school uniform, sun safe policy and out of school activities
- giving a few hours of your time to the V8 Supercar weekend (July).
P&C currently has a strong financial position. We have the financial security to now expand on other functions. These might include advocating for parents and children, or looking to special needs of students such as migrant needs or socialisation needs.
The P&C has its annual general meeting in March, and committee positions have all been filled.
- President: Joanne Greske
- Vice President: Dorothy Clohesy
- Secretary: Maria Cawthorne
- Treasurer: Vacant (To be advised).
P&C Constitution has been approved by the Principal and deposited with our parent body, P&C Qld.
The P&C meets in the school staff room at 6.30pm on the second Tuesday of each month during school terms. For 2019, meetings are scheduled for:
Approved minutes of P&C monthly meetings and the Annual General Meeting are available by clicking on the above dates.
What new things would you like to see happen at school? The P&C committee welcome your ideas, suggestions and input. Please email us on
firstname.lastname@example.org, or come along to our light-hearted and enjoyable meetings. Nibbles are provided!